Join a company that truly values their employees and has an ongoing commitment and dedication to our customers and the community.
We are looking for motivated candidates that promote a positive attitude, a safety culture and that builds on teamwork and customer service.
- Safe Work Environment
- Respectful Workplace
- Community Involvement
- Opportunities for Advancement and Training
- Competitive Wages & Benefits
- RRSP Matching Program
- Family and Social Commitment
Ready to join the Camex team, contact:
Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician/TDG Tank Inspector
Camex Equipment Sales & Rentals Inc. has an IMMEDIATE opening for a Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician/TDG Tank Inspector
The Heavy Duty Mechanic Journeyman is required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of trucks and trailers. The Heavy Duty Mechanic Journeyman will have the ability, conduct CVIP/VIPK tank inspection to troubleshoot major and minor mechanical problems, as well as have the ability to repair and adjust all necessary mechanical components. Work assignments will be received in the form of oral or written work orders, but the employee is expected to determine the nature and extent of needed repairs. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Must hold a Journeyman's certificate, &/or Red Seal and CVIP Inspector
- Certified Tank Inspector
- Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training.
- Appropriate credentials and certifications.
- Four years' experience as a Heavy Duty Mechanic.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Proven mechanical abilities in hydraulics and electrical, including schematics and diagnostics.
- Experience with routine maintenance operations.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Ensure that safety policies, quality standards, and standard operating procedures are followed.
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting.
- Provide service for heavy-duty trucks and trailers.
- Perform customer rebuilds.
- Check all heavy equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Repair and adjust hydraulic pumps, safety valves, and any other necessary mechanical components.
- Diagnose defects in heavy duty equipment.
- Diagnose any faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair that is required.
- Must be able to perform CVIP inspections.
- Must be able to perform VIPK tank inspections.
- Responsible for testing of TDG certified tanks.
- Inspect, repair and adjust gasoline and diesel powered units.
- Perform incidental welding operations on equipment.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Installation of new and added-on equipment.
- Electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Accurate completion of work orders and time cards.
- Repair cooling, and lubrication systems.
- Repair mechanical transmissions, drive-trains and final drives.
- Repair cable-operated working attachments, winches, compressors, pumps, electric generators, etc.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work.
- Instruct apprentices.
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques.
- Other mechanical repair work and other duties as required.
Competitive wages and benefit package
RRSP matching program
Positive friendly work environment
Social committee functions for employees
Thank you for your interest in Camex, ONLY the successful applicants will be contacted.
Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician
Camex Equipment Sales & Rental’s Inc.(“Camex”) has IMMEDIATE opening for
Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician – Truck and Trailer
- Looking for individual who is very safety conscious, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have CVIP License
- Must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience with both Trucks & Trailers
- Must have own tools
- Must have own transportation
- Indoor work in a new, clean and organized shop
- Preference will be given to candidates with vac/tank truck experience
- Monday to Friday work week – day shift
- Competitive wages and benefit package
- RRSP matching program
- Positive friendly work environment
- Social committee functions for employees
Thank you for your interest in Camex, only the successful applicants will be contacted.
Apply by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by Confidential Fax: 780-669-7091