Your ConsentBy providing Brandt with your consent to use, collect and disclose personal information, you consent to the use, collection and disclosure of such personal information in accordance with this Policy and in addition to any other use, collection or disclosure by Brandt of your personal information that has been consented to by you. Brandt will only collect, use and disclose your personal information if Brandt has obtained your consent to collect, use, and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy or any other use you may consent to from time to time. However, Brandt may disclose, collect or use your personal information without your consent if required or authorized to do so in accordance with applicable law. In the event that you have provided Brandt with your consent to use, collect and disclose your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at anytime by providing Brandt with notice of your intent to withdraw your consent or use any other method made available by Brandt to you available from time to time to withdraw your consent. Once Brandt receives notice of your intent to withdraw consent, Brandt will no longer collect, use or disclose your personal information to the extent that you have withdrawn your consent. Withdrawal of your consent is subject to any contractual obligations or any other legal obligations that may exist from time to time. It is important to note that if you withdraw previously provided consent, Brandt may not be able to fulfill the purpose(s) for which the information was collected, used or disclosed or fulfill any other obligations Brandt may owe to you in connection with such purposes.
Brandt’s collection, use and disclosure of personal informationBrandt, with the consent of an individual, primarily collects personal information that is directly provided to Brandt by you (such as name, address, and contact information). In addition, Brandt collects personal information in connection with the Positioning Technology Network Service, (“Brandtnet”) offered by Brandt. Brandtnet collects the following customer information: name, email address, business address, and, for an agricultural subscription, the customer’s land location which is used by Brandt to provide its services to you. Brandt uses and discloses your personal information for a number of purposes, which includes:
- General Service and Product Support: Brandt uses your personal information for the purpose of providing Brandt products and services to you and for the general administration of the customer relationship;
- Product and Customer Support: Brandt uses your personal information to provide product and customer support to you, which includes monitoring and managing your file, follow up communications, product safety and all other correspondence related to product and customer support of Brandt’s products and services;
- Marketing: Brandt uses your personal information to provide you with communications and offers for products and services from Brandt, including promotional materials, notification of promotional events, surveys, miscellaneous discounts, extending special offers, and other miscellaneous marketing purposes based on your personal information;
- Eligibility: Brandt uses your personal information to determine if you are eligible for certain products, services, or offers;
- Communications: Brandt uses your personal information to provide you with information that may be of interest to you such as Brandt bulletins or notices, catalogues, announcements, reminders and other Brandt related notices or announcements;
- Manage Brandt’s Everyday Business Needs: Brandt uses your personal information to manage its everyday business needs such as payment processing and financial accounting (as applicable), product and service development and safety, contract management, website administration, order and contract fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance; the use of your personal information by Brandt for the purpose of contacting you and providing you with information or material for Brandt promotions, marketing purposes, and extending special offers and miscellaneous correspondence to you relating to Brandt’s products and services;
- Potential Employment: Brandt uses your personal information, if provided for the purposes of obtaining employment with Brandt, for the purpose of considering your application of potential employment with Brandt;
- Response to Inquiries and Requests: Brandt uses your personal information for the purpose of responding to any inquires, service requests, or other correspondence between you and Brandt; and
- Other Miscellaneous Uses: Brandt uses your personal information to prevent fraud or other potentially illegal activities, protect the safety of you and Brandt customers, enforce any legal terms that govern your use of Brandt services or products, any other use that may be consented to by you from time to time, and for any other purpose as Brandt may be required to or authorized by law to do in the applicable jurisdiction.
Access to Personal InformationBrandt will provide you with access to your personal information in accordance with applicable laws. Brandt reserves the right to require that any request for access to personal information be made in writing and may require proof of identity in a manner determined by Brandt as a protection measure against unauthorized access of an individual’s personal information. Generally, there is no cost for a request for access to your personal information. However, Brandt reserves the right to charge such costs on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable laws. You will be notified in advance if such charges apply. Brandt will correct or amend the personal information in its files where it can be shown that the information is incorrect or incomplete.
Security of Personal InformationSecurity of your personal information is of upmost importance to Brandt. Brandt has taken reasonable steps to assist in the protection of your personal information, including the use of firewall technology and the implementation of reasonable internal security policies and procedures. Brandt will continue to monitor security issues and will update and improve security when it is reasonable and practical to do so. However, it is important to note that the Internet is not a secure method of communication and Brandt cannot guarantee the privacy or security of customer information submitted through Brandt’s website or by email over the Internet. No security or encryption we provide can protect against every circumstance. In the event of an unauthorized breach of security of personal information at Brandt, Brandt shall notify the applicable authorities and individuals in accordance with applicable laws.
Internet and E-mail Transmission/VirusesInternet software or electronic transmission errors may produce inaccurate or incomplete copies of the content of the Brandt website when downloaded and displayed on any computer. Brandt does not assume any liability or responsibility whatsoever for computer viruses or other destructive programs received during the electronic transmission of such content of the Brandt website or any websites accessed through links provided therein. Any unprotected email communication over the Internet is, as with communication via any other medium (e.g. cellular phones, post office mail), subject to possible interception or loss, and is also subject to possible alteration.
Your ResponsibilitiesYou are responsible for the general security associated with your personal computer or other device you may use to access Brandt’s website. Brandt suggests you take additional measures to protect your security. These might include:
- Ensure you are using the most secure web browser currently available. Occasionally, security patches will be available to fix known security gaps associated with your web browser. You should monitor and implement these patches where appropriate.
- Familiarize yourself with your web browser’s various functions and enable/disable such functions as needed in order to maximize security.
- Web browsers often use a “cache” to temporarily save web pages in your computer’s memory. Although the cache is designed to improve performance, subsequent users of your computer may be able to view web pages previously visited by you by accessing the information in the cache. You should always completely close your web browser after each session on Brandt’s website. You should also frequently clear your cache.
- Ensure you have up-to-date virus protection software on all systems and that you run virus scans regularly.
- All connections to the Internet under your control should be protected by firewall protection to help prevent unauthorized Internet access to your systems.
Password RulesYou may be assigned a user account and password by Brandt. You may be required or permitted to set or change your password to your user account from time to time. Certain password selection rules will be automatically enforced at the time of selection. In addition, any password selected by you shall:
- Be different from any other personal identification number or other secret code used by you for any other type of services;
- Not contain any information about you that may be easily obtained or guessed by someone else (such as your name, birth date, telephone number, address or Username); and
- Not be changed to any Password previously used by you.
Scope of PolicyThis policy only applies to personal information that is subject to the privacy laws of Canada or any of its Provinces (as applicable)or the laws of any other jurisdiction as applicable.
Contact BrandtFor further information about Brandt’s privacy practices, to make a request for access to personal information, to make a request to remove personal information, or withdraw consent please contact Brandt’s Privacy Officer at the following address:
Brandt Group of Companies Box 3856
Regina, SK, S4P 3R8
ATTENTION: Privacy Officer